Top 10 Best Procrastination Techniques

Did you think this was a post about combatting procrastination? Naaaaaaaaah. The truth is, I love to procrastinate. In fact, I'm starting to believe I'm developing a real talent for it.

I can guarantee that the fact that you're even reading this post means that you're procrastinating right now too. Want some more inspiration? Here are my current Top 10 favourite ways that I'm putting off work right now:

1. Learning Swedish

ABBA doing the pelvic thrust


That's what I'm doing. No seriously. Maybe it's my lifelong love of ABBA or maybe it's because I've recently started watching a lot of Pewdiepie videos, but Swedish is actually such an interesting language to learn for English speakers, and I would say probably the best one to use for procrastination purposes. In case you're unconvinced, here's how your life will turn out if you DON'T learn Swedish:





Person 1: Have you finished that thing that you were meant to finish?
Person 2: Yes, I have.
Person 1: .....

Alternatively, you could learn Swedish:

Person 1: Have you finished that thing that you were meant to finish?
Person 2: No, I started learning Swedish instead
Person 1: Wow that's so interesting, cool and unusual!
Person 2: Jag är så cool.

If you too want to be sÃ¥ cool you can learn Swedish for free thanks to the Swedish Institute online or via Swedish on Duolingo or Swedish on Babbel for a subscription fee.

2. Learning Spanish

Sexy Enrique Iglesias GIF Loosening Tie

Swedish might not be your bag. Sweden doesn't have Enrique Iglesias. Know who does? Spain. I have also started to learn Spanish (clearly A Levels just aren't enough of a challenge for me) (They really are) (Why am I like this?) which is admittedly a much more useful language than Swedish - unless you're living/working in Sweden obvs. Spanish is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world and also fairly easy for English speakers, especially if you have prior knowledge of languages like Latin, French or Italian. Once again you can learn Spanish on Duolingo or Babbel (again for a fee) but you can also try your hand via an archived BBC Learning Spanish page (which I'm personally really enjoying working my way through).

3. Watching Pewdiepie for unreasonable lengths of time

Pewdiepie as a beautiful woman GIF

It's always so hard not to fall down the rabbit hole when you're on YouTube, and considering Pewdiepie is the most subscribed YouTuber and has over 3000 videos to choose from, this is pretty much the biggest internet hole I've fallen down. He may or may not have been one of the reasons I decided to learn Swedish (he definitely was. He was the only reason) because he often slips in the odd Swedish word or phrase into his videos, which I appreciate as a language enthusiast. I would recommend checking out his videos if you haven't already, but if you actually, seriously, really have something important to do, I would NOT recommend this procrastination technique because it is pretty hardcore.

4. Speaking of rabbit holes...

Alice falling down the rabbit hole GIF

For the really adept at procrastination, may I recommend this useless website which is potentially hours of brilliant escapism. That's all I'm gonna say - you've got to try it out for yourself.

5. Writing this blog post...

IT Crowd Moss typing next to fire
Me, currently, writing this blog rather than doing my Politics homework
I don't know what my problem is. Why do I think restarting blog during my final year of sixth form is a good idea? Shit, I know it's not a good idea, but I'm still doing it anyway #rekt

6. Finding out what cheese I am

Melting cheese creepy GIF

If you're friends with me (and if you're reading this post, you most likely are friends with me IRL. Hi guys!!) then you know that I can NOT resist a good shitty quiz to really take my mind of important things like grades and Brexit. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is more insightful than a Buzzfeed quiz. How else am I supposed to find out if my crush likes me back?!

7. Reading this review of a hot new fashion brand

Zoolander walk-off GIF

Straight out of the Midlands, El Monét is making waves, and this post has the inside scoop...

8. Finding out what episode this gal on Twitter has reached

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia GIF

If you haven't already binge-watched It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia on Netflix, then go and do that now. Skip the last 2 points, you've already wasted too much time reading this post. Thank me later and meet me in the comments for a full discussion of the series. If you are already a viewer, then are you following @sunnyscript on Twitter yet? It's the perfect pick-me-up on your TL when you see it nestled in between news of more Trump stupidity and ads for those weird suction pants. Not only that, but you can just keep scrolling and scrolling and re-living every episode inside your own head.
Just me? Ok.

9. Catching up on my backlog of Man Repeller email newsletters

Leandra Medine Man Repeller GIF

Hands down my favourite blog on the internet, Man Repeller's emails deliver so much joy to my inbox. Problem is, I'm always so busy procrastinating (or y'know, getting the work done) that I tend to stack them all up like they're credit card bills and then when my inbox is fit to burst, tear through articles months old all in one go. As I speak, yet another email has landed in my lap(top) and has immediately caught my eye by talking about Gossip Girl's very own Gossip Girl's nuptials (SPOILER ALERT: DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO GOSSIP GIRL IS YET. NOW CLOSE THIS BLOG POST AND CONTINUE WATCHING GOSSIP GIRL)

10. Constantly updating my Pinterest

Very Long List GIF Feat Men In Wigs

Pinterest is one of the best places on the internet to go for some much needed distraction (and often inspiration). And I've made boards for them all, from my travel bucket list to my own personal style inspiration, I can always find something to pin on there. Even if you're not in the mood for finding recipes for vegan pizza or oreo-stuffed-with-reeses-brownies, just scrolling through endless photos of puppies should be enough to keep you occupied for a good hour and a half.

These 10 are the best ways to get a hell of a lot of shit done, just not necessarily the shit you intended to do. What do you do to distract yourself?

Also, what sort of content would you like to see on this blog? Would you like some travel tips, language-learning advice or fashion articles? Let me know in the comments!

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Thank you for commenting! I always read my comments and I love receiving them :')

Powered by Blogger.