LFW

Oh what a London Fashion Week it has been. I may be biased, but London is my favourite. It's easy to access, it's always fun and some of my favourite designers are there. Let's get straight into some of my favourite shows this year!

Who wasn't talking about Giles this week? His show was nothing short of breathtaking with a deep, atmospheric catwalk and equally moody garments. Models were actively encouraged to pose and over-dramatise as they sashayed down the oaken runway in Victorian ruffs and gothic black. The dark collection was interspersed with bright yellow coats and graphic, elegant dresses with bows and finishing with a supreme showstopper of a dress. The theatrics of the show was second to none and definitely was a trip down memory line into the origins of Giles.


From Queen Vic to Queen Viv, Vivienne Westwood never fails to impress. Vivienne Westwood is a personal favourite of mine and every time I see her I feel immense admiration. And this collection was no exception: fierce, alternative and full of attitude. Her trademark use of tartan was effortlessly tailored into blazers, jackets and corseted tops and paired with feminine, flirty shorts and girly pink skirts. Another eclectic collection full of luxurious textures and vivid colours, Vivienne Westwood has created another edgy, interesting and simply beautiful collection.





Holly Fulton's show at London Fashion Week was an unexpected favourite of mine. Admittedly, I know very little (actually nothing) about the designer or her brand and stumbled upon the live stream of this show purely by accident but was amazed at the beauty and elegance of this collection (as well as the hair and make up which I can not get enough of!) From the muted and feminine colour palette of the early pieces to the more vibrant and decadent fabrics of the coats, the collection was full of fresh and girly pieces all with a refined and unique twist. If I was rich, I would be hitting up this collection ASAP.

What was your favourite show from LFW? Next post is all about Milan!



No comments:

Thank you for commenting! I always read my comments and I love receiving them :')

Powered by Blogger.